February 2nd (from 2:30 – 4:00) will be the date to tryout for this year’s Talent Show. Here are the things you should know regarding Tryouts-
- You may only be in one act in the show.
- You only need to show the judges (teachers and students) 30 seconds of your act. We need to see that you have a talent and can get along with your group members.
- You do not need to perform the actual song you will sing or dance to in the talent show. We just need to see that you can sing or dance.
- If you wish to sing, you can only sing to karaoke versions of your song. You will not have the original singer singing with you. Practice to a Karaoke version ahead of time so you know the timing.
- It is okay to be shy during tryouts. We have months to get you ready for the stage. Just show us how amazing you are for 30 seconds.
- If you are an 8th grader and wish to MC the show you must tryout as well. We have many 8th graders interested in being the Masters of Ceremony so we will need to see your enthusiasm and energy.
- Some ideas for talents we’ve seen in the past are: magician, comedian, singer, musician, dancing, contortionist, rapper, band, drum line, etc.
- Please see Mrs. Findling if you have any questions.